Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs now prefers Oxbow Critical Care Carnivore instead of puppy milk replacers for supplementing hedgehog diets. We're keeping these milk replacers listed as an option if recommended by your veterinarian.
Older hedgehogs, hedgehogs that have become ill, and hedgehogs taking medications like antibiotics may occasionally have digestive issues. Milk replacers can provide full nutrition, assist with digestion, and promote a healthy appetite, especially with hedgehogs that have problems chewing.
We generally mix one tablespoon of Esbilac into two tablespoons of warm water in a small food dish or ramekin. If your hedgie has completely lost their appetite, then use a feeding syringe to slowly squirt the mixed liquid into their mouth. Refrigerate any uneaten liquid to finish feeding later.
Note: It will take a long time for a hedgehog to consume a full package of milk replacer. We freeze all unused powder, as it quickly thaws while mixing.
Gently stir or shake one part powdered Esbilac into two parts warm water (a part may be a teaspoon, tablespoon or cup). Do not mix more Esbilac than can be consumed in 24 hours. Do not use a blender. Reconstituted Esbilac should be kept refrigerated.
- This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
- Vitamins, Minerals, and Amino Acids: Supplies nutrition required for proper growth and development.
- Petlac Puppy Milk Replacement: Recommended food source for orphaned and nursing small animals.
- Crafted with Dog Milk: Vegetable protein provides your pet with the fuel they need.
- Easy to Administer: Whey protein powder increases pet strength.
- Excellent Care Solution: PetAg delivers top-quality products for owners and animal professionals
- Milk Replacement with Vitamins, Minerals, and Amino Acids — 10.5 oz.
Ingredients: Dried skimmed milk, vegetable oil (preserved with tocopherols), soy protein isolate, animal fat (preserved with BHAand BHT), casein, dried corn syrup, dried whey protein concentrate, dicalcium phosphate, choline chloride, dried whey, dried whey solubles, dextrose, L-arginine, DL methionine, maltodextrins, potassium chloride, magnesium sulfate,sodium silico aluminate…