🦔 Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs owns and loves this product!
Hamor Hollow Hedgehogs now prefers Oxbow Critical Care Carnivore instead of puppy milk replacers for supplementing hedgehog diets. We're keeping these milk replacers listed as an option if recommended by your veterinarian.
Older hedgehogs, hedgehogs that have become ill, and hedgehogs taking medications like antibiotics may occasionally have digestive issues. Milk replacers can provide full nutrition, assist with digestion, and promote a healthy appetite, especially with hedgehogs that have problems chewing.
We generally mix one tablespoon of Esbilac into two tablespoons of warm water in a small food dish or ramekin. If your hedgie has completely lost their appetite, then use a feeding syringe to slowly squirt the mixed liquid into their mouth. Refrigerate any uneaten liquid to finish feeding later.
Note: It will take a long time for a hedgehog to consume a full package of milk replacer. We freeze all unused powder, as it quickly thaws while mixing.
Gently stir or shake one part powdered Esbilac into two parts warm water (a part may be a teaspoon, tablespoon or cup). Do not mix more Esbilac than can be consumed in 24 hours. Do not use a blender. Reconstituted Esbilac should be kept refrigerated. One 12 oz. can of powder makes approximately 60 oz. of liquid when mixed 1:2. One 28 oz. can of powder makes approximately 140 oz. of liquid when mixed 1:2. One 5 lb. bag makes approximately 400 oz. when mixed 1:2.
- For Optimal Development: This milk powder has an ideal balance of protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Vitamins, Minerals, and Amino Acids: Gives small animals the nutrients and milk protein they need.
- Excellent Care Solution: PetAg delivers top-quality products for owners and animal professionals.
- Contains prebiotics and probiotics, a source of live naturally occurring microorganisms.
- Supplies necessary vitamins and minerals to ensure proper development and growth.
- Formulated to provide a caloric pattern similar to mother's milk in protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Easy to digest, highly palatable, easy to mix formula.
- Ideal supplement for post-surgery and convalescence.
Unopened powder should be stored in a cool, dry place. Reconstituted Esbilac must be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Opened powder can be refrigerated for up to 3 months, or can be frozen for up to 6 months to preserve freshness.